Cheats & Hints
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl Cheats & Codes
Cheats are cheats, codes, passwords, or other tricks that can be used to help you beat a game or otherwise get more out of it. Here is where you'll find all of the various cheats and codes that are available for this game.
|Water berrys||Move your pad and your player will move to put water on all berrys without having to click a over and over again|
|Duplicate Items||This trick requires a Pokemon that knows "Thief" and a Ditto. Enter a double battle with a Ditto without an item and a Pokemon holding the item you want to duplicate. Make Ditto transform into the Pokemon holding the item. Switch the Pokemon holding the item with the Pokemon that knows Thief. Use Thief on Ditto, then win the Pokemon battle. The Thief Pokemon will now have a duplicate of the item.|
|Glitched Areas||Get on your bike, and turn on the fast gear. Go to any town or route. If you are in a town like Solaceon Town, go to the very top of the city. While riding all the way down through the city, rapidly press Left and Right. Your character should appear to be spinning while moving forward. If done correctly throughout the whole ride, the next route you are heading towards will be glitched with either an invisible wall, a white void, or a black void; your game may crash. Sometimes the void may be walkable. You can use this glitch to find new ways to capture the event pokemon Darkrai and Shaymin without the events.|
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl Hints, Tips
- Obtain National Dex
- Defeat the Elite Four to get the National Dex from Professor Oak. Alternately, successfully complete your Sinnoh Pokedex by seeing all 150 Sinnoh region Pokemon. Note: They do not have to be captured. Then, go to Professor Rowan's lab and talk to him. Prof Oak will dash in and upgrade it.
- Gain Access to "Pal Park"
- Get the National Dex to access Pal Park on Route 221.
- Capture Agunomu
- Go to Aspiration Lake to catch Agunomu.
- Capture Ambipom
- Aipom will evolve into Ambipom when it levels up and knows the move Double Hit. Aipom learns Double Hit at level 32.
- Capture Arbok
- Have the Game Boy Advance game Pokemon Fire Red in the cartridge slot and search for Arbok at the Safari Game.
- Capture Azlef
- Found at Lake Valor after battling and capturing Dialga/Palkia.
- Capture Bonsly
- To get Bonsly, you must trade it from Pokemon Pearl. Alternately, talk to the person in the Pokemon Mansion after you get the National Dex. A random rare Pokemon will appear every day. One of them may be Bonsly.
- Capture Bronzor
- Defeat the Elite Four, and get the National Dex. Go to Spring Path, and go to the right. Go up, then go left where you can use Rock Climb. When you get down, there will be a hole. Go in and look around until you find Bronzor.
- Obtain Chansey
- Happiny can evolve into Chansey if it is happy with you and you use an Oval Stone on it. If it is happy with you, it means that it will probably evolve into Blissey shortly after it evolves into Chansey.
- Obtain Chatot
- Use the following trick to get Chatot early in the game. First, go to the grass in front of the Valley Wind Works and capture a Buizel. Train it to level 14. Then, go to Eterna City. Go into the building to the right of the Pokemart. There will be a boy at the table closest to the bookshelf. Talk to him and he will ask you to trade him your Buizel for his Chatot. Trade with him and you will get a level 14 Chatot.
- Chatot Chatter
- If you do some exploring and talking to people, you will eventually encounter someone who says Chatot can learn human words. Once you obtain one (after trading with a girl in an early town) and get it to about level 20, it will learn the move Chatter. Once it learns Chatter, go to your Pokemon menu and select "Chatot". It will show Chatter along with a summary, switch, etc. Then, press A and record what you want it to say into the DS microphone. Not only will Chatot say what you said whenever you use the move Chatter, but it will become its cry. Note: This is not permanent, so you can change its Chatter as often as desired. Also, the speech will be slightly distorted so it will not sound exactly as you said it. The recorded sound lasts for only one day, so you will have to re-record it.
- Capture Dialga/Palkia
- You will need Rock Climb, Surf, and Strength to capture Dialga/Palkia. Start out with Fighting or Ground type moves; this will cause twice the damage and reduce its HP a lot. Then, use Water, Normal, Electric, or Flying type moves which only do half the damage. Use this technique to get its HP to the red, then throw Pokeballs at it.
You will encounter a Dialga/Palkia at some point in the game (you can find one at Spear Pillar). If you fail to catch him the first time, visit Sandgem Town. You will find Lucas standing in front of the Pokemon Lab. Check with him regularly, and he will tell you when Dialga/Palkia has reappeared.
- Capture Mesprit
- Mesprit is found at Lake Verity after battling and capturing Dialga/Palkia.
This trick requires a Staraptor level 55 with Aerial Ace, but Quick attack may work. Walk or swim your way to Mesperit. Do not fly. Save the game once you are close, and have Staraptor out. Use your Staraptor's Aerial Ace to hit the Mesperit. If it does not, level up solely by battling Magikarp. Do this a few times. If Mesperit dies, turn off the game, and try again. Once you have finally gotten Mesperit's health to the red bar zone, every time you see him, try one of these: Quick Ball, Great Ball, Dusk Ball (if in a cave and/or night), or Nest Ball. Alternately, use a Master Ball.
- Capture Spiritomb
- Spiritomb is a Ghost-Dark type Pokemon with no weakness and immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Psychic type attacks. To catch it, go to Route 208. Talk to the person with the headband just south of where you enter the route. He will give you the Odd Keystone. Next, go to Route 209 south of Solaceon Town. Place the Odd Keystone in the fissure in the ground that resembles a small volcano, which is actually called the Hallowed Tower. Then, talk to 32 people in the underground. Note: Hikers do not count. However, you can have one friend with the game go into the underground, talk to your friend, go up, then back down 32 times. The Hallowed Tower will now be restored. Go inside to catch a Spiritomb. Its appearance is rare.
- Catching Roaming Legendaries
- There are two Pokemon that roam the map in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. These Pokemon are Mesprit and Cresselia. The following trick is a fairly easy and effective (but a little time-consuming) way to catch them. Note: These Pokemon will appear as "seen" in your Pokedex before they begin roaming, so you will be able to begin tracking them immediately. Also, you must go through certain parts of the story before these Pokemon appear in the wild. First, raise a Pokemon with a high Speed rating and the False Swipe attack to about level 50. Then, use the Marking Map on your Poketch to find the Pokemon, and engage it in battle. Use False Swipe, and assuming your Pokemon was fast enough, the roaming Pokemon will take damage before fleeing the battle. Repeat this until the target is at 1 HP. The target will retain the damage you inflicted on it the next time you see it. Also, save the game after each encounter. Buy some Quick Balls. They have a better chance of capture if they are used early in a battle. Find the Pokemon again. Note: Do not encounter it in an area that has a damaging weather effect, such as the northern blizzard area, as this will cause the Pokemon to faint and you will lose the chance to meet it again. If desired, you can inflict a status problem on it at this point, but do not give it a status effect that will inflict damage like Poison or Burn, as these will also defeat your target. Find the Pokemon and toss a Quick Ball at it. Because it is the first "turn" in battle and the Pokemon is at a very low HP, the Quick Ball has quite a high chance of securing the Pokemon for you. If it was not caught, the worst that can happen is the Pokemon will run away and you must track it again.
- Easy Experience
- Spend your money on any desired item. Then, go to the Pokemon League and keep fighting the Elite Four until you lose. You will have gained, then lost a small amount of money, but your Pokemon might have leveled up. If not, level up. You can buy a lot of Revives and Potions to use to get to the last of the Elite Four and they might just be level up.
Go to any Pokemart, and spend as much money as possible. Then, go to the Elite Four, and fight them. You can win or lose because you do not have much money to give them. However, you must have at least some money with you. Repeat this as many times as desired to gain experience. Note: Do not do this if you are trying to save money.
Use the following trick to train Pokemon without using a Pokecenter. Go to Iron Island. Enter a cave, and look for a lift. Go down, then go to the left exit. You should see a trainer in blue called Riley. He will group with you and make sure all your Pokemon are healed, revived, and that their PP is maxed after each fight. You can leave and get more Pokemon you want to train and he will still be waiting there. By doing this, you will get twice as much experience (by fighting two Pokemon at once) and save a lot of money and time healing. Wild Pokemon are about level 30, so you can only go so far before it takes a long time to reach another level.