|Competition: World of Warcraft Cataclysm Epic Giveaway [WINNERS]|
|Posted: 07.12.2010 16:32 by Joe Robinson||Comments: 200|
As before, names were picked randomly using number generator. Each prize category was drawn for separately, with winners names be taking out of the pool for the next category.
In case you were wondering, the answers I were look for were either 'Green' and/or 'Black'. If you go to Deathing's WoWWiki , and scroll down to the bit about the 'Second War' (I.e. Warcraft 2) you will see the unit model I was referencing. To be honest, only one person was disqualified for getting it wrong, as they said purple. Everyone else more or less got it right (Someone said "green with red hair"... not sure where they got that from).
And so, without further ado, the winners are....
TOP PRIZE: djole381
Congratulations to all! Now, as much as we love rewarding our regulars, it would have been nice to have seen some new faces winning. Unfortunately, many of the new sign-ups couldn't seem to grasp the concept of CONSISTENT activity, as well as needing to be at least the rank of SI Veteran Newbie.
Because of this, I decided to award the final two standard additions as conciliatory prizes to the following:
abahnur999: For being the only new sign-up to come close to getting the required rank, and for being the only new sign-up that tried to be active.
Graeme: Is an old-hand from the forums - he helped the staff in trying to maintain it, even during hard times, so he gets this last prize as a 'thank you'.
Well, that's it for our Christmas Cataclysm Giveaway, hope you're all enjoying the holidays! We're running another EU Competition right now , and our American readers can get involved in something our sponsor is doing .
We've talked a little bit already about what kind of prizes we've got for you, but here's the final official list:
* TOP PRIZE: One signed Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft Cataclysm.
* FIVE Standard Edition Cataclysm games, each with a T-Shirt and a Poster.
* TWO Standard Edition Cataclysm games on their own.
So, let's cut to the chase and tell you guys how to enter. Since this article has already been up for a few days, to avoid clutter we won't be having you enter using this form here. Entry into this competition requires you to do two things.
One: You must email me the answer to the following question:
In real-world chronology, Deathwing first appeared in the game Warcraft II. What colour was his unit model?
Email the answer, along with your site login name to joe [at] strategyinformer [dot] com
Two: Similar to the previous Starcraft II competition, you have to be active. Consistent (but reasonable) activity for the entirety of the competition will make you eligible to be put into the prize draw.
* Definition: What we mean by consistent activity is that we would like you to 'do' something at least once every day for the duration of the competition. Comments (and there are lot of places you can comment, uploading photos, uploading mods, blogging... there's a lot of things you can do show activity that we can track.
* Quantity: This is not a 'Most Posts Wins' competition. No reply wars with each other, no spamming, nothing crazy.
* Reasonable activity: We just want you to prove to us that you're committed to the site, but only do things that make sense. Comment only on the stories that interest you or that you have something interesting to say on. Post up photos that you would anyway... Even if that means you only do one or two things a day, provided you keep that up through-out the competition, that will be enough.
* Disqualification: Not following the rules, long periods of inactivity, Spam or anything we deem OTT will disqualify you from the competition. During SCII, we were touched by the enthusiasm some of your showed, but it got a bit out of hand.
* New Sign-ups: Anyone who's new to the site when they sign up for the competition, you must be at least SI Veteran Newbie by the time the competition ends. Considering you get points for everything, this is easily achievable provided you're consistent.
* EU Readers Only: Sadly, the prizes are region locked to the EU servers, so only people with access to those servers will be able to enter. We were unable to organise anything with the American Blizzard office on such short notice.
The competition will end on Christmas Day. Everyone who has gotten the question right and met the activity requirements will then be entered into a draw, and the winners will be picked at random. We'll try and announce the winners as soon as we can, but we're technically 'closed' over the holidays, so bear with us.