|Settlers 7 update and DLC Pack 3 arrives, new 5-map campaign|
|Posted: 08.12.2010 13:56 by Simon Priest||Comments: 1|
Ubisoft has announced that the latest update for The Settlers 7 is now available along with DLC Pack 3, adding a new mini-campaign and scenarios.
This DLC gives fans a "whole new Settlers adventure" worth "10 hours" more gameplay, plus 2 new scenario maps. The patch adds a new tech tree.
"This new Settlers 7: DLC Pack 3 will allow players to live a whole new Settlers adventure, bringing a new 5-maps campaign for more than 10 hours of playtime, as well as 2 new maps within the scenario game mode, for an additional 10 hours of pure Settlers intense gameplay," blurbs the Ubisoft press release.
The 1.11 update for The Settlers 7 has been detailed by Ubi:
• Enjoy the new map for skirmish and multiplayer
The Valley of Monhaim is surrounded by alpine mountains. Three competitors challenge you in a race for victory. The starting sectors offer plenty of building space. But you should pay close attentionto your enemies because their bases are close-by. To gain tactical advantage you may conquer the huge, nebulous central sector, which offers a Victory Point and makes for a hub to reach your competitors. Use research to gain the technological edge over your opponents and strengthen your economy by trading with the Ports along the rivers.
• The new Technology Board “The Occult Science” offers players 6 exciting Occult Technologies:
1. Necromancy: Fallen soldiers briefly come back from the dead to avenge their death.
2. Evil Eye: Fewer Clerics are needed to proselytize Camps.
3. Deal with the Devil: For every soldier you send to kingdom come, you’ll be rewarded with coins.
4. Demonic Bargaining: You’ll get more coins for each batch of Garments and Jewellery you sell at Ports and Marketplaces.
5. Dark Aura: The effect of Clerics deployed in Camps is increased by 5%.
6. Hidden Persuasion: With every deal they close at Ports or Market Places, your Traders have a 10% chance of obtaining their merchandise without having to pay.
• The new Trading Board “The Pentacle” is now available in the Map Forge.
• Added the new Template Exchange to upload, browse, share and rate templates created in the Map Forge.
• Fixed a wrong message that was displayed after the game lost its network connection
• Fixed a double displayed mentor text
• Fixed a bug related to the shortcuts on MAC that were implemented with patch 1.09 – Shortcuts now work on MacOS
• Fixed a bug were a Facebook account cannot be connected to game
• Fixed a rare desync when players quit the game
• Fixed sound issues that occurred when the online connection wasn’t available.
• Players with the 32-bit version of Vista & Windows 7 should increase the amount of virtual RAM that’s available to the game:Or else they won’t be able to play in high details
1. Go to Start -> Accessories -> Command prompt.
2. Rightclick it and select "Run as Administrator".
3. Type (or copy): BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 2300
4. There should be a confirmation that it worked.
You can grab the latest DLC at the or participating digital retailers. Do you still play The Settlers 7? It was designed by Age of Empire's creator Bruce Shelley.