|Jagged Alliance: Back in Action announced|
|Posted: 02.02.2011 17:48 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 5|
The long wait is over: Jagged Alliance is back, as publishers Kalypso Media and bitComposer have announced Jagged Alliance: Back In Action, which will be a fond return to the mercenary tactical strategy genre that made the original so popular. Kalypso Media will publish the game in North America, Asia and English-speaking export countries as well as through its extensive digital distribution channels. bitComposer Games will publish the game in all other European countries, including Russia and Poland.
Back in Action will showcase a fully updated experience, with modernized gameplay, state-of-the-art graphics and premium production values, and will, as previous editions have, utilize a mix of turn-based and real-time strategy.
“With Kalypso we have an outstanding publishing partner with extensive experience and direct marketing opportunities, particularly in the digital space and in English-speaking territories,” said Wolfgang Duhr, Managing Director of bitComposer Games.“We are very confident, that with such a capable partner, we can fulfill the high expectations associated with the revival of the Jagged Alliance brand.”
“We are very pleased to revive and further expand the Jagged Alliance brand -- which is still very popular today -- with our partner, bitComposer Games,” said Simon Hellwig, Global Managing Director for the Kalypso Media Group.“More than a decade after the release of the successful second title in the series, the Jagged Alliance brand commands a high level of respect. Together with bitComposer, we will do our utmost to continue the success story.”
Some of the announced features include:
* Unrivaled mix of combat (tactics), roleplay, business and strategy
* Innovative “Plan & Go” combat system combines RTS gameplay with turn-based elements
* Liberate a fictitious island from a dictator
* Realistic war setting with authentic-looking firearms
* Laptop/computer menu as a central anchor point for the player
* Assemble your own unit of mercenaries from over 60 unique mercenaries
* Simultaneous control of multiple squads using a strategic map
* Every mercenary has a detailed set of likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses
* Convincing characters who interact with and comment on the game events
* All the dialog has audio
* Train your mercenaries to improve their effectiveness
* Acquire resources by capturing mines and encampments
Check out the official site .