|Pirates of the Black Cove announced|
|Posted: 10.02.2011 15:24 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Nitro Games have announced a new real-time strategy game, Pirates of the Black Cove, which takes place in the Golden Age of Piracy, the 16th century, with the goal to be the King of All Pirates.
According to Brendon Neuwerth, COO of Nitro Games, “Pirates of Black Cove is an adventurous strategy game that our community has been waiting for. Combining proper skills with the right amount of Pirate bluster, a pirate might just have a shot at ruling both land and sea. And keep in mind that dead men tell no tales... Savvy?”
Pirates of the Black Cove features strong RPG elements, requiring players to get promotions within the pirate brotherhood through force, daring, guile and deceit, and perform such acts as bribery, favors and assassinations to level your character's notoriety and sway. The player has to deal with three factions: Pirates, Corsairs and Buccaneers.
Some of the announced features include:
- Roam the open World with your Pirate crew and pick up missions as you sail the seas.
- Notoriety and fame brings you closer to your ultimate goal: to be the King of All Pirates
- Battle it out with the forces of Black Cove and other colonial nations on both land and sea
- Gather infamous pirates to your crew, but be sure to keep them happy or they’ll side with your rivals
- Select your character from several different Pirate Captains, each with their own unique skills and features
- Varied units and weapons allows You to carry out the battles as You see fit
Paradox released a teaser trailer, which can be viewed in the video below.