|SSX: Deadly Descents 'a year away'|
|Posted: 14.02.2011 11:59 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
Creative director Todd Batty for SSX: Deadly Descents has said the game still has about 15 months of development ahead of it, making it late 2012.
Details of the game have surfaced: We're a part of the SSX corporation in a story, there are 200-300 tracks over 9 peaks, multipliers and Elise return.
So the new SSX: Deadly Descents will either retail in late 2012 or will stay away from the holiday period and arrive Q1 2013. The latest issue of OXM dished some icy dirt on the upcoming return of the long loved series.
Here are the highlights from the piece, courtesy of :
• Campaign – where you tackle the 9 Deadly Descents, Explore, and Live Events. Live events is most likely going to be for online events.
• Plot – You play as ‘Jack’ part of the SSX corporation to tackle the 9 deadliest mountains around the world. We will also see 3 returning characters from old titles, including Zoe Payne.
• Rewind feature – This will enable you to rewind but there will be a penalty of some sort for using it.
• 9 Peaks with around 200-300 Tracks/Paths
• You can pick the track you wish to descent and pinpoint which path the helicopter drops you to start.
• 9 inputs down to 2 – In older versions of SSX, you could pull a variety of moves with nearly every button on the game controller, now it seems all tricks and movements will be done with just the 2 thumb sticks, the left stick jumps and does spins, and sweeping motions with the right stick do tricks.
SSX: Deadly Descents releases Xbox 360 and PS3. It revealed at the VGAs.