|Spiral Knights launches April 4|
|Posted: 16.03.2011 04:45 by||Comments: 0|
Sega has announced it will be publishing Spiral Knights, a Legend of Zelda meets Diablo MMO in which players explore the ever-changing Clockworks to defeat monsters and earn loot, then do business in the Haven outpost, buying, selling, trading, and crafting better and more powerful gear. The game supports up to four player online co-op, and is developed by Three Rings, best known for the ridiculously popular and addictive Puzzle Pirates.
“Based on our experience with titles like Puzzle Pirates, as well as fond memories of dreaming up new games when we were kids, we have built an instantly accessible, action-packed world that appeals to gamers of every type,” said Daniel James, CEO of Three Rings. “ Spiral Knights skips the stereotypical level grind for a co-op adventure that is focused on fun gameplay above all else.”
According to the press release, Spiral Knights features:
* Constantly changing world brought to life in a vibrant, retro-inspired visual style
* Intuitive pick-up-and-play controls (including both mouse-only and gamepad control)
* Opportunities for players to create guilds, craft new gear, and customize the looks and abilities of their characters
* Easy matchmaking for co-op mayhem with parties of up to four players
* Gear and weapons upgradeable through adventuring or through the purchase of Crystal Energy
A "sneak preview" is currently available at the official site .