|Anno 2070 announced|
|Posted: 05.04.2011 01:45 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 19|
The Anno series is taking a drastic new direction - after spending time in the past from the 15th through to the 18th centuries, Anno 2070 takes the gamer to the late 21st century in an ecological dystopia. The game is being co-developed by Related Designs and Blue Byte, and being published by UbiSoft, and will be released this Winter 2011.
“Anno 2070 is a very ambitious game that will feel both familiar and fresh to fans of the series,” said Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft. “Due to the game’s futuristic setting, the development team wasn’t restricted by historical boundaries and was able to dream bigger than ever before. It’s a new take on a great franchise that both newcomers and longtime fans will love.”
Anno 2070 takes place in an Al Gore nightmare where climate change has forced humanity to adapt to rising sea levels that have left stretches of once-fertile land completely inhospitable. Players must research and develop new technology as additional ecological challenges put their world in jeopardy.
* A new era: while adhering to the fundamentals that made the Anno franchise a success, the near-future setting will bring numerous new gameplay mechanics, architectural breakthroughs, and all new challenges. Additionally, players will be able to build massive cities, the scope of which has never been seen in prior Anno games.
* A dynamic world: the world of Anno 2070 will evolve differently depending on each player’s playing style and choices. Players’ decisions will have an impact on the environment, the architectural look of their world, and the needs of their populations, leading them to refine and better understand the impact of their personal approaches to managing the world’s resources.
* Factions: players will be able to select between two factions when building their empires. Players can choose between an industrial and efficient course by joining the Tycoons or a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly direction by siding with the Ecos.
* Rich and varied game modes:
-- Single player campaign: a story-driven single player mode with a deep variety of challenges.
-- Single player “continuous mode”: the renowned endless game mode where the objective is to build the biggest civilization possible without time constraints.
-- Multiplayer and Online features: Anno 2070 will include innovative online modes offering players brand new possibilities to get in touch with gamers all around the world.
* Outstanding graphics: A new version of the game engine, developed specifically by Related Designs for Anno 2070, allows the game to deliver a breathtaking visual experience never before seen in the Anno franchise.
Let us know if you're interested in a futuristic Anno.