|Uncharted 3 details revealed in OPM|
|Posted: 09.04.2011 03:47 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 5|
The current issue of Official PlayStation Magazine has released a ton of new details about the latest in the Nathan Drake series, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
According to the magazine:
* Drake will be spending most of his time in the Arabian desert, exploring the dunes of Rub' al Khali.
* You'll still be globe-trotting, visiting places like London and a jungle temple.
* You can expect "all the things you'd expect in a desert" - that includes sandstorms and mirages.
* This creates a dynamic environment to explore, with altering geography, "We've done a ton of research...The way sand blows over and curls over the tops of dunes, the way it displaces and flows - it's almost a liquid," said creative director Amy Hennig.
* Plot is based around Lawrence of Arabia and Iram of the Pillars - The Atlantis of the Sands.
* Drake and Sully are seen in the Empty Quarter, looking for Iram of the Pillars.
* Apparently, there are bike sections, "We have a strong tradition of vehicular gameplay, and we try not to repeat ourselves," says ND.
* Story isn't set in stone yet, but villain Katherine Marlowe is part of a secret order that dates back to the time of Queen Elizabeth I.
* This is not Drake's last adventure, ND stresses that "the Uncharted franchise was never conceived as a trilogy."
* Previous characters will be returning, does that include both Elena and Chloe?
* New melee combat system lets Drake fight multiple enemies at once, but also shows him picking up a bottle from a table and introducing it to an enemy's face. New stealth moves and mechanics have been added as well.
Let us know if you're looking forward to Uncharted 3.