|Mortal Kombat tops Portal 2 in April US sales, Black Ops fourth|
|Posted: 13.05.2011 13:00 by Simon Priest||Comments: 3|
Warner Bros. Mortal Kombat reboot has impressed the brawler consumer in the US as it beat Valve's Portal 2 for the month of April, followed by LEGO Star Wars III.
Then came Call of Duty: Black Ops, still selling strong. Pokémon White for DS landed 9th. Software sales were up with 5 titles managing over 250k units each.
The new Mortal Kombat sold just shy of 900k copies during last month according to NPD figures. Last year in April only 2 titles managed to move over 250k units. Hardware sales were dominated by Xbox 360 with 297k units sold, which is 60% up year-on-year.
Nintendo DS came second with PlayStation 3 climbing 13% in sales according to Sony, who didn't give any specific numbers. Hardware sales are up 3% overall says NPD analyst Anita Frazier. See the US sales chart for the month of April below.
- Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360) Warner Bros. Interactive
- Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PC) LucasArts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360, PS3, Wii) Electronic Arts
- Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft
- Michael Jackson The Experience (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP) Ubisoft
- Pokemon White Version (NDS) Nintendo
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive