|NetherRealm release the first 'stealth update' to Mortal Kombat|
|Posted: 23.05.2011 11:39 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
Developer NetherRealm can tweak with Mortal Kombat's gameplay without requiring a 'visible' download through Xbox Live or PlayStation Network - did you know?
Well you certainly do now. They've unleashed their first balance tweak via the backdoor with a more traditional title update expected in the next week or two.
Warner Bros. has rescinded the need for Mortal Kombat's Online Pass to be used on the PlayStation 3 version of the game as it's not possible to active the code via the PlayStation Store currently and would therefore prevent owners playing multiplayer.
Here are the changes made in the 'stealth update':
• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
• Changed Kano's Towards Front Kick to a low block.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano's Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage's Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka's special moves and attacks.
• It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka's chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka's Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.
• Reduced some of Reptile's combo damage.
Mortal Kombat released on Xbox 360 and PS3.