|City of Heroes goes free-to-play|
|Posted: 21.06.2011 16:04 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 5|
City of Heroes has finally given in and gone free-to-play, a subscription model that has proven more profitable than the flat subscription rate. The new version, City of Heroes: Freedom divides the game into free and premium content, giving gamers who still want to pay the monthly fee all of the content they cherish.
New free City of Heroes: Freedom players get:
* Play as a Hero or Villain for up to Level 50.
* Play in 45 different game zones.
* Select from 8 character archetypes and 105 power sets.
* Create costumes for up to 2 characters from billions of combinations.
* Buy anything you'd like from the in-game store.
Players who used to subscribe to City of Heroes, left and have returned as free-to-play players get:
* Get everything that Free players get.
* Retain nearly everything you already purchased or unlocked, including Super Boosters, expansions, and directly purchased character slots.
* Retain all the Veteran Rewards you earned.
Players who subscribe will become VIP members, including current subscribers get:
* Receive everything that free players get.
* Get 12 character slots per server.
* Receive 400 Paragon Points per month to use in the in-game store.
* Experience VIP content (including the City of Heroes Going Rogue™ expansion content and new monthly Signature Story Arcs) for free.
* Enjoy one free character transfer per month, priority queuing, and VIP customer support.
* Gain access to a new VIP-only server.
Will City of Heroes going free-to-play bring you back, or make you curious enough to see what the game is like?
Source: City of Heroes