|June 2011 NPD led by LA Noire and Duke Nukem|
|Posted: 15.07.2011 04:45 by||Comments: 0|
The June NPDs are in for software sales, and L.A. Noire and Duke Nukem Forever lead the competition, with inFamous 2 coming in third. The rest of the games include family oriented titles (LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars 2, Just Dance 2) and months-old games (Mortal Kombat, NBA 2K11, Call of Duty: Black Ops).
1. L.A. Noire (360, PS3)
2. Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC)
3. Infamous 2 (PS3)
4. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
7. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC)
8. Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360)
9. Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
10. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
While the NPD claims videogame sales are down, it must be noted that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sales are up from last year, while Nintendo has more or less given up on the Wii; the 2011 releases for Nintendo's consoles are at an all-time low. The domination of the Wii inflated game sales, and while sales apart from Nintendo are brisk, the overall picture seems worse.