|Sony launch PS3 firmware v3.70|
|Posted: 10.08.2011 12:36 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
The system software for the PlayStation 3 console is now up to v3.70 as Sony unveils the latest changes. PlayStation Store gets a new 'Recommend' feature.
The XMB also gets a 'TV/Video Services' category because of the increase in video apps like Netflix, Hulu PLUS, and VUDU. PS Plus gets exclusive perks too.
"To make things easier for PlayStation Plus subscribers, we’ve added the option to automate two existing features. The 'Automatic Download' feature will now be called 'Automatic Update' as a result of these new options," posted Sony on the .
"A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button."
"Also, Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download."
Those were the exclusive updates for PlayStation Plus subscribers but what does us no good freeloading PSN users get? "A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store," continued Sony.
"Due to the increase in video applications being offered on PS3, we are adding a new category on the XMB called TV/Video Services. This category will include video applications such as Netflix, Hulu PLUS, and VUDU."
• You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.
• A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications.
• Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB
Two updates for all of you enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies on PS3:
• 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray
• DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
• 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
Source: US PlayStation.Blog