|Raven's Cry announced|
|Posted: 25.08.2011 07:15 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
Topware Interactive has announced a new Mature-rated action-adventure set in the Golden Age of Piracy, Raven's Cry.
The game's story is about a young Scottish boy and his family who try to escape the famine in late 17th century by getting aboard a ship bound for the New World. Near Jamaica their ship is attacked by ruthless pirates. The boy, Christopher Raven, is the sole survivor, who is maimed when his left hand is cut off. Thus starts a quest of vengeance by Mr. Raven.
The game itself is a third person action-adventure that features "fast and brutal" combat using arcade style hack n' slash, but with historically accurate weaponry as well as realistic violence. The press release claims that opponents will "bleed and suffer", adding the question of morality to the proceedings.
The game's bullet-point feature list includes:
* Action adventure set in the age when pirates plagued the Caribbean
* Tactical yet brutal melee combat
* Cast of memorable characters
* Use special moves abilities like Fear and Frenzy to overcome enemies
* Main storyline that you can really affect
* Deadly duels with dangerous characters
* Dark-themed pirate setting
* Unique combat by combining melee combat & historical weaponry
Check out the announcement trailer in the video below. Raven's Cry will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Summer 2012.