|PAX 2011: Pink Knight invades Castle Crashers XBLA for charity|
|Posted: 27.08.2011 07:40 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
The Behemoth has announced that the second title update for their popular sidescrolling beat'em up Castle Crashers is now live on Xbox Live Marketplace, along with some DLC. The featured download is the legendary Pink Knight, which will be free, with The Behemoth pledging $1 for the first 50,000 downloads to the .
According to the blog, "The Pink Knight was born out of the Xbox LIVE Arcade community. The Pink Knight was a myth when Castle Crashers released and the fans believed in it so much that myth became reality – a completely FREE reality available now for your own personal realities."
Also available for 160 Microsoft Points is The Blacksmith. "Once shrouded in mystery, the legend of the Blacksmith becomes a reality. Wielding miniature antlered frogs, burning hammers of justice and springboard contraptions, this warrior is much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson."
Other update changes include:
* Added a Team vs Team feature to Player Match Arena (as opposed to the current free-for-all).
* Earn two new Avatar Awards—Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet!
* Ability to check Player’s Gamer Cards in Xbox LIVE matches.
* Main menu News Ticker for all of your latest Castle Crashers and Behemoth Updates!
Notable Bug Fixes:
* Level 256 cheat resolved (more info available on request).
* Data copy glitch (more info available on request).
* Sandworm experience glitch (more info available on request).
* Wedding Crashers progression save now fixed when user leaves game play in flowery fields.
* Smoothed Alien Hominid’s Splash Magic when traveling over water.
* Slowed down Iceskimo’s power drainage from magic.
* More effects added to elemental attacks for Alien Hominid, Demon and Iceskimo!
* If your character dies, your Animal Orbs can no longer fight without you.
* Fixed floating characters in Beefy Arena when grabbed.
* Sandwiches can now be picked up after Volcano Boss fight.
The Pink Knight first appeared on PSN last February.
Source: Behemoth Blog