|Kalypso announces Patrician IV Gold Edition|
|Posted: 20.09.2011 02:32 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Kalypso has announced Patrician IV: Gold Edition which will include the original Patrician IV and its expansion, Rise of a Dynasty. Patrician IV is the latest edition of the naval trading strategy-simulation, which took players to the late Middle Ages during the time of the Hanseatic League, an economic alliance of trading cities and their merchant guilds that dominated trade along the coast of Northern Europe.
The expansion, Rise of the Dynasty, added a key multiplayer co-op mode allowing up to four players via the Internet or LAN to team up. The new features which were requested by the fan community include gameplay balance and improvements to the city environments.
The bullet-point feature list of Patrician IV: Gold Edition includes:
* Combines the full edition of Patrician IV and the official expansion Rise of a Dynasty into one great game
* Realistically modeled trade system with trade routes between 40 cities on the coast and the mainland
* Become a leading merchant in heartland cities and establish an extensive road network to expand your trade routes
* All towns are displayed in impressive and detailed 3D
* Intelligent rivals, dynamic weather and seasons influence gameplay
* Manage your trading empire with three of your friends via LAN or Internet in a cooperative multiplayer mode
* Become a big time landowner and buy parts of the regional territories to expand your influence and power
* Be elected mayor of your home town or even Alderman of the Hanseatic League and gain new rights and responsibilities.
* Construct your own merchant fleet from historical ship models and research new ship types
* Arm your fleet with convoy ships and fight in impressive naval battles against pirates and rivals
Check out Strategy Informer's 7.0/10 review .