|Magicka gets engine overhaul in free update|
|Posted: 16.11.2011 18:44 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
Paradox Interactive has announced that a new update for Magicka is now available that completely revamps the game engine, in anticipation for the upcoming Lovecraft-themed expansion The Stars are Left. Some of the features are user requested, such as the ability to resume game progress from check points instead of starting over at the beginning of a chapter, the ability to revisit previously completed chapters, and, for the soloists, adds a fairy familiar that will revive players when they perish during campaign mode.
* Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign
* Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit
* Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters
* Several improvements to the server browser
* Physics and collision detection improved - less falling through the floor
* Frame rate stuttering - should be less noticeable for some users
* Extended particle system with particle lights
* Improved light performance
* Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks
The Stars are Left expansion for Magicka was a few weeks ago. It will be released sometime this Winter.