|Clone Wars Adventures MMO gets "massive" expansion|
|Posted: 30.11.2011 21:26 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 3|
Sony Online Entertainment has announced a huge open world combat expansion for the family-friendly, free-to-play MMO Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures. The expansion is a free update that will be launched on the 15th December. The expansion, called Battle of Umbara, features a large battlefield zone, a mission instance featuring the "Umbaran Airfield", a zone event and collections.
The expansion is based on the shadow people's planet Umbara, and the update allows players for the first time to work together to engage in direct combat. Jedi players will battle Separatists and Umbaran forces using customizable weapon attacks, The Force attacks and mounts.
* Combat Abilities: Destroy enemy droids, using 1. Weapon Attack uses players' default attack and will utilize the weapons they are equipped with. 2. Force Attack is much more powerful and requires the use of Force Points -- a force that can only be used when fully charged.
* Mission Instances: Players will be faced with thrilling missions, if they defeat a boss they will be granted a unique item reward.
* Zone Events: Players will be able to participate in zone events, working together and creating a dynamic environment!
* Synchronous Multiplayer: Over-world zones will allow players the ability to tackle the droid threat together, letting in multiple people simultaneously.
* Mounts: Available for purchase in the marketplace, players can move quickly through Umbara on an AT-RT, Tauntaun, Speeder Bike or more.
* Collections: Each Combat Zone has 5 unique collections -- by finding all the collection items in a set, players will obtain 1 piece of a unique zone-themed gear set (feet, body, hands, head or weapon).
* Destructible Objects: Players will be able to attack and destroy objects like crates, ship debris, or barricades found throughout the zone.
* Rewards: Players that complete all available content in the combat area, will be given titles, achievements/trophies, or furniture rewards when successfully completing events and story instances.
Sony Online Entertainment also released a developer diary showing off the Combat Zone - check it out in the video below.