|Modern Warfare 3, Xbox 360 top 2011 US sales charts|
|Posted: 13.01.2012 05:09 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
The NPD has released its list of the top selling games and consoles of 2011, and unsurprisingly, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which over $1B USD in just over 2 weeks, was the number one selling game of the year.
The top 10 sellers of 2011 include:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) - Activision Blizzard
2. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3) - Ubisoft
3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC) - Bethesda Softworks
4. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC) - Electronic Arts
5. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2) - Electronic Arts
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) - Activision Blizzard
7. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC) - Warner Bros. Interactive
8. Gears of War 3 (360) - Microsoft
9. Just Dance 2 (Wii) - Ubisoft
10. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC) - Ubisoft
While it's no shock that Gears of War 3 was the best selling exclusive title, it's a bit surprising that Just Dance 2 was the only other single platform game in the top 10, especially since it shared the list with #2 Just Dance 3.
According to the NPD, the Xbox 360 was the best selling console of 2011. "Despite larger percentage decreases versus last year, the Wii and the PS3 were neck and neck in second place for Annual 2011," noted NPD analyst Anita Frazier.