|Omerta: City of Gangsters announced by Kalypso|
|Posted: 06.03.2012 18:06 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Kalypso has announced a new strategy game based on gangster life in Atlantic City in the 1920's, as players control their own mob in the infamous Prohibition Era in Omerta: City of Gangsters. Gamers will spread their empire featuring both grand strategy and tactical turn-based combat.
The tactical combat includes cover and stealth mechanics, as planning is just as stressed as execution is. Players are encouraged to find the best vantage points from which to strike, lest their get cut down by a hail of bullets from a tommy gun strafe.
The bullet-point list of official features include:
* Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
* Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
* Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
* 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
* An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
* Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
* 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
* 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
Omerta: City of Gangsters is due to be released in Q4 2012 for Windows PC.