|Final Fantasy XIII-2 heads a slow February for UK videogame sales|
|Posted: 08.03.2012 22:23 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
The videogame market in the UK has not been a pretty sight, and the trend has continued in February 2012 where the market saw a 29% drop in sales in a year-to-year comparison with February 2011. 2.3M games were sold for £55m last month.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 ruled the roost in the slow month, while Battlefield 3 finally overtook Modern Warfare 3 in chart position. Electronic Arts accounted for 3 of the top 10 sellers.
The Top 10 in UK Sales for February 2012 retail include:
1. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square-Enix)
2. Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (Konami)
3. FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts)
4. Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
6. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
8. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (UbiSoft)
10. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Electronic Arts)
GAME's inability to stock some of the hottest games didn't help matters, which does not bode well for March 2012 figures, as some of the biggest releases of the year, Mass Effect 3, Asura's Wrath, Street Fighter X Tekken, FIFA Street and Mario Party 9, were or will be by the major retailer in March.