|EA reveal new server shutdowns, include Online Pass titles|
|Posted: 19.03.2012 13:38 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
A fresh batch of server closures for EA titles has been announced by the publisher, citing those targeted experience "fewer than 1% of all peak online players" for EA's games catalogue.
The switch offs begin April 13th and includes 15 month old XBLA and PSN title Spare Parts. Fans are in an uproar over EA MMA losing online play because of Online Pass fees.
Online Pass was designed to discourage second-hand sales or at least let EA get something from them by having us pay for multiplayer, which EA said was to cover servers.
EA Sports MMA is only 18 months old and the Online Pass will be rendered useless as of April 13th. Naturally fans are less than pleased a paid for feature is being turned off. Of course EA are covered because of those fine print license agreements we all skip and spam with I Accept or Next.
The following titles will be offline only from April 13th, 2012:
• BOOM BLOX Bash Party for Wii
• Burnout™ Revenge for Xbox 360
• EA Create for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
• EA Sports Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
• EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for Wii
• FIFA 10 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
• The Godfather™ II for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• MMA for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• Need for Speed™ ProStreet for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• The Saboteur™ (loss of The Midnight Club access
For more information visit the official for the announcement.