|Grand Theft Auto V details allegedly leaked|
|Posted: 26.03.2012 04:35 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 27|
Someone claiming to be from Rockstar has allegedly leaked a metric ton of info about the company's upcoming blockbuster Grand Theft Auto V, spilling the beans on the release date, the protagonist and other aspects of the title.
According to the leak, there will be only one protagonist, Albert de Silva. He's a half-Hispanic ex-Vice City gangster who has settled down in the suburbs of Los Santos, where he lives with his Call of Duty playing son Kevin, who is the typical Xbox Live player who shouts racial abuse online. While Albert thinks of Kevin as lazy, Kevin admires his father.
According to the rumor, he can be identified in the trailer as the "rich guy" seen driving a Deceptor (the game's version of an Audi R8). He's also the guy in the van serving as a getaway driver for the bank robbers.
The game map will allegedly be five times larger than the map in Grand Theft Auto IV, while Los Santos will be twice the size of Liberty City. The map will be separated into three sections.
As for vehicles, cars and guns will be partially customizable. For example, cars can add nitrous burners while muzzle suppressors are available for guns. The game will also feature all sorts of aircraft from World War II fighter planes to private jets.
Police chases are now more dynamic than before. Police may arm themselves with riot shields and flash bangs, while reaching a four star wanted level will cause a radio warning to break into the programming on some of the stations. High speed crashes will now damage player health, so it's no longer safe just to ram other cars. The leak also described the various police star levels as well:
* 1 star: police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).
* 2 star: police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.
* 3 star: Chases begin and the police don’t care how they stop you, they just want to do it.
* 4 star: road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.
* 5 star: shoot to kill, arrest only if it’s made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
* 6 star: military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
On the other side of the law, the criminal world has a working economy similar to Drug Wars. Taking drugs is also possible, but smoking weed in public will bring a one star wanted level.
Finally, multiplayer will allow 32 player matches on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game; it may be more on the PC, but it's unknown at this point. According to the leak, "Just like in (Red Dead Redemption), players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary (sic). The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory (sic) but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos."
While much of this could be educated guesses and speculation, much of it sounds very probable for the upcoming game, which supposedly will have a May 2013 release.
Yes (59 votes)
No (14 votes)