|Snowbird Game Studios announces new action-RPG, Caribbean!|
|Posted: 02.07.2012 16:19 by||Comments: 4|
New Russia-based indie developer Snowbird Game Studios has announced a new action-RPG based during the Golden Age of Piracy, Caribbean! The game allows players to choose their career in a world filled with brutal sea battles, boarding fights, duels, political intrigues and piracy.
The developer is working with TaleWorlds Entertainment, who worked on the original Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, and as such, Caribbean! runs on the Mount & Blade game engine, which will feature the same melee battles system and horse-riding mechanics.
According to the press release, the game will have the following features:
* Sea battles with intuitive and easy control system;
* The real-time boarding fights that throw player in the centre of the action;
* Detailed management and customization of both the fleet and the crew;
* Complex siege system allowing the players to storm forts, harbors or entire cities;
* Different kinds of artillery: shipboard cannons, mortars and howitzers;
* Random events system that keeps players question their decisions during their voyage;
* True ‘Carribean’ atmosphere of the vast and dangerous world;
* Unique NPCs whose design based on the real historical figures;
* Various multiplayer modes featuring the sea and land battles, boarding and sieges.
Caribbean! is due to be released on PC this coming Fall 2012.