|SEGA to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to US and EU in 2013 [UPDATE]|
|Posted: 09.07.2012 11:19 by Simon Priest||Comments: 14|
Free-to-play action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be available in the US and Europe next year, SEGA will announce. They want this sequel "every bit as ambitious" as the original.
Phantasy Star Online 2 features a "deep sci-fi fantasy universe" with real-time combat and third-person action. We're also promised a "deep character creation system" and three races.
Western fans of the Phantasy Star series get in on the action next year. A western launch trailer for PSO2 is expected to be live later today apparently on .
"Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said Chris Olson, SEGA of America. “We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2’s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year!”
“The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests,” said Satoshi Sakai, SEGA of Japan.
PSO2 is set in the Year 238 during the New Era of Light, and players will join a new band of Arcs fighting against the mysterious D-Arkers. Phantasy Star Online 2's highlight features:
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
For more information visit the .
[UPDATE: The Western trailer has gone live.]