|Creative patch Total War: Shogun 2, lays siege to "desynchronisation"|
|Posted: 19.07.2012 13:33 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
SEGA and Creative Assembly have issued the latest patch for Total War: Shogun 2 and one of its chief highlights will be the assault the dev team took to online campaign desync troubles.
Should you still get desynchronisation then at least error messages have "been localised" to French, and other lingos. Also touched up are those lighting shaders for better "lighting in battles".
It's a great time for the patch too as the Steam summer sale promotion currently has the latest Total War'er at , with the occasional 75% discount.
Creative Assembly has of course announced Total War: Rome 2 which looks set to melt our eyes with loveliness, and boil our brains with stupendousness. There's a lot of 'ness' coming is what you can take from that. Until then you'll have to make do with feudal dustups in Japan with the latest patch, of which the changelog is as follows:
• Lighting shader tweaks to improve lighting in battles throughout the game.
• A Multiplayer crash on host machine when searching for a 4v4 Set-up team siege battle has been fixed.
• Fixed crash when attempting to play Fall of the Samurai Historical Battles when players owns the stand alone Dragon War Battle Pack and not Total War: SHOGUN 2 Fall of the Samurai.
• Fix for players becoming stuck during the Avatar Multiplayer Tutorial after searching for a Match Made battle.
• The "Season" drop down list should now display correctly after changing map in a multiplayer Battle List battle.
• Wako pirates now have the correct banners in naval battles via the Campaign.
• Fix to prevent AI trade fleets grouped around occupied trade nodes in Campaign mode.
• Fix to prevent Mixed Avatars being able to join Battle List battles with 'Mixed Avatars' option turned off.
• Fix for bug in Avatar Conquest mode where players receiving a clan promotion were shown a message telling them they have been relegated.
• Desynchronisation (desync) message has been localised to French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish.
• Fix for multiplayer campaign desynchronsiation (desync) when playing between German and Czech players.
• Improved compatibility with AMD Radeon HD 7 series graphics cards.
• Fixes to prevent desynchronisation (desync) in Multiplayer Campaign mode.
• Improved combat animation blending for cavalry.
• Added localisation to the multiplayer lobby for the status of TEd created maps when they are being shared.
• Fix for Sea of Japan naval battle map crash.
• Players can no longer delete the "Sea of Japan" Naval Battle map, and can delete their own maps (Created or shared through TEd) on the battle setup screen UI.
• Added localisation for battle setup screen UI in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish.
Total War: Rome II releases on PC in Q3 2013.
Source: PC Gamer