|QuakeCon 2012: Apogee announces the return of Rise of the Triad|
|Posted: 03.08.2012 01:07 by||Comments: 5|
Veteran Apogee Software, best known for developing classic games such as Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3-D and Raptor, have announced the return of one of their best games, Rise of the Triad, which the studio will be co-develpoing with Interceptor Entertainment.
The remake will be re-done completely using the Unreal Engine 3, and released on Steam later this year, with a revamped campaign and remastered multiplayer mode.
The official bullet-list of features includes:
* Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
* Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
* Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
* The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
* The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone's favorite, Dog mode!
* Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve's Steamworks.
* Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
* Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
* Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
* ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
* The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
* Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
Apogee also promises that the game will run on low-end machines but also take advantage of high-end rigs as well.
Gamers interested in learning more about Rise of the Triad can visit the official site .
Yes (18 votes)
No (5 votes)