|New details about PS3 version of Mass Effect 1 revealed|
|Posted: 04.10.2012 06:46 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 8|
Some new details about the PlayStation 3 version of the first Mass Effect have been revealed by external producer Ryan Warden, in a series of tweets.
Warden made the following notes on Twitter:
* No plans to release Mass Effect 1 physically on PS3 as a standalone title
* Edge of Reality is working closely with BioWare on the title (Dragon Age: Origins console developer)
* “Performance feels really good overall”
* The team wants to retain the Mass Effect 1 experience while making some targeted fixes
* Game features improved texture popping and better performance on PS3
* Uses the Mass Effect 1 engine with Mass Effect 2 PS3 touch-ups
* These improvements are specific to the PS3 (360 won’t get the performance upgrades)
Warden did not answer, however, what kind of deal Microsoft made with Electronic Arts to allow their game to be on PlayStation 3.
One stipulation seems to be a limited time exclusivity of the Mass Effect Trilogy on PC and Xbox 360, however. The bundle will be released for those platforms on the 6th November, while the PS3 version has no release date yet.
Source: Gaming Everything