|The War Z closed beta begins October 31st, early alpha October 15th|
|Posted: 04.10.2012 14:23 by Simon Priest||Comments: 1|
Hammerpoint Interactive's The War Z is soon to reach closed beta announces the studio. It begins October 31st with access given to early purchases, with a discount running until the 20th.
You could gain game access as early as October 15th though if you choose the Pioneer package over the more standard Survivor, which would also include $15 of in-game currency.
The War Z is the upcoming zombie survival MMO which tries to take the principle of ArmA mod DayZ to an even larger ecosystem. Both early packages are discounted $10.
"We’ve been working non-stop to tweak and balance the game to where we feel comfortable beginning to bring more players in,” said Sergey Titov, executive producer for The War Z. “We are now at that point, but this is where the real work begins. We want to work with our players to build and add additional features, remove those that they don’t like and continue to evolve The War Z to be the best zombie survival-sim available.”
The two War Z packages are summarised:
• Price: $19.49 USD through October 20th, 2012 ($29.99 USD thereafter)
• Game Access: October 31st, 2012
PIONEER (INCLUDES EARLY ALPHA ACCESS)
• Price: $29.99 USD through October 20th, 2012 ($49.99 USD thereafter)
• Game Access: October 15th, 2012 (special early Alpha access)
• Bonuses: The package includes $15 of in-game currency, special forum badge identifying player as an early, pioneer community member, and one-month of “Stronghold” map server hosting to create a unique world within the game.
The War Z is an open world survival simulator set in a world five years after a deadly viral outbreak. Hordes of zombies shuffle along as the few left alive must scrape existence together in a lawless, "nomadic society where the sole objective is to survive at any cost." Players must acquire food, weapons and other resources whilst navigating cities infested with zombies and other players looking to scavenge.
Visit the official for more information on the "world's first survival mmo Zombie Game."