|US videogame sales revealed for September 2012|
|Posted: 12.10.2012 06:28 by||Comments: 0|
September's U.S. retail video game sales have been revealed by the NPD. According to the firm, sales have declined 24% year-over-year. Console sales took the biggest hit, down 39% compared to September 2011.
Longtime runner Madden NFL 13 beat out Borderlands 2, though Madden had an entire month to amass sales, while Borderlands 2 was released on the 21st September in North America, and still managed 1.48M unit sales for the month. The Steam sales of Borderlands 2 also did not factor into the totals.
The top 10 games in retail sales for the 26th August through the 29th September:
1. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)
2. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)
3. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, PSV, Wii, 3DS, PSP)
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
5. Guild Wars 2 (PC)
6. NHL 13 (360, PS3)
7. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC)
8. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3
9. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
10. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)