|Refract Studios announces spiritual successor to Nitronic Rush, Distance|
|Posted: 20.10.2012 13:51 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Refract Studios has announced a spiritual successor to their acclaimed futuristic combat car racer Nitronic Rush called Distance. The game is being crowd-funded on Kickstarter, and is due to be released in August 2013.
According to Refract, Distance will build on the previous game, focusing on "making the solo and multiplayer tracks incredibly fun." The developer plans to experiment with new game modes, obstacles and track design. The game will retain the original game modes from Nitronic Rush, including the parkour-inspired Hardcore mode as well as the Challenge and Stunt modes.
Some of the planned features include:
* Multiplayer: LAN and Online play in several modes, such as Classic Race mode as well as Tag, Capture The Flag, Stunt mode, and many others. We're targeting to support as many players as is fun for each game mode!
* Level editor and modding tools: We're developing a powerful, user-friendly level editor where you can create levels from inside the game and share them with players around the world. We'll also be releasing other tools used to create content in the game in an effort to best support modders.
* Exploration: Since the car can jump, rotate, and fly, you're able to explore the city to find hidden paths, as well as find secrets that reveal the city's past. Fans loved this aspect of Nitronic Rush and really want to develop a deeper city with a backstory of its own.
* Updated visuals and atmosphere: The game is now being developed in Unity (as compared to creating Nitronic Rush entirely from scratch). This allows us to mature a lot of visual elements, and really go for a detailed look that supports the atmospheric world we’re building.
* New dynamic soundtrack: Jordan (aka TORCHT) is back composing a new electro/ambient dynamic soundtrack. Expanding upon his experience from composing the dynamic music in Nitronic Rush (as well as in Solace and Solstice), he's really excited to create a new sophisticated soundscape.
* Controller support: Similar to Nitronic Rush we'll be supporting Xbox 360™ controllers and the keyboard, but we'll also be doing our best to support as many controllers as possible, such as steering wheels and various gamepads, alongside re-mappable key configurations.
* PC and Mac: Distance will be released for Windows & Mac (with possible Linux support once Unity4 is released).
Refract also released an announcement teaser video. Gamers interested in checking the Kickstarter page out can visit it .