|Aztecs launch Sunset Invasion in Crusader Kings II, new DLC November 15th|
|Posted: 31.10.2012 15:20 by Simon Priest||Comments: 11|
Paradox Interactive have announced new DLC for Crusader Kings II. This time Christianity and Islam take a back seat as the mighty Aztecs pop over from the Americas to invade the Europeans.
It's the first time ever from Paradox as they introduce a "fantasy scenario" into their strategy games. The Aztecs arrive "at a random point" mid to late game.
In this alternate universe obviously someone tipped the savage civilization off about some pesky Spanish horde that would come and destroy them, so they decide to launch a pre-emptive strike.
"Introducing a wealth of new features to appease the angriest of sun gods, the upcoming Crusader Kings II DLC brings the savage, blood drenched Aztec civilization to European shores, determined to wreak carnage on its inhabitants. Cower in fear at the invaders strange gods and rituals including the potential peril of having your vital organs offered up to these vengeful deities in sacrifice. Anything to keep them happy!" blurbs the Paradox press release.
"It will be survival of the fittest to survive the onslaught of the menacing Mesoamerican warriors, bringing with them exotic and deadly diseases, and an appetite for destruction."
Sunset Invasion highlights:
● A new invading threat arrives at a random point in the mid to late game, conquering from the West
● Unique new portraits, on-map shields and units for the great Mesoamerican Menace
● Cower in fear at the Aztec gods: New Aztec culture and religion
● Human Sacrifice! When a province is lost, no-one is safe from the threat of losing their hearts on the obsidian altars
● Survive the terrible disease brought by the pagan oppressors: A new plague from across the Ocean
Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion releases November 15th for $4.99.