|PC update adds Xbox 360 controller to Hotline Miami, Mac version "out soon"|
|Posted: 05.11.2012 15:49 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
You can now use your Xbox 360 controller for Windows with Hotline Miami thanks to an update released today on Steam. To disable the pad you may need to switch it off and restart the PC.
The update also means remapping "now works with arrow keys as well." Most of the bugs reported "have been fixed." A bonus 'Highballer' stage is available to be unlocked after the main story.
The update announcement on Steam notes that a slowdown issue and people getting stuck on stairs/elevators may persist, and advises those affected to use 1280x768.
"To disable the gamepad correctly (if you want to go back to mouse and keyboard) you might need to first switch the controller to OFF in the option menu AND restart your computer, otherwise the game might run with a small but constant slowdown until you do so," warns the November 5th .
The bugs in the game have a higher tendency to occur if you're playing the game through Windows running on a Mac, however these issues should be "taken care of with the Mac version of Hotline Miami that will be out soon."
Additional update highlights:
● A bonus stage ”Highballer” has been added, which will be unlocked when you complete the mainstory.
● Additional environmental graphics.
● More gore with the Jones mask now has additional graphical effects.
● Additional sound effects.
● The pot of boiling water has been updated.
● More randomly placed weapons.
● First and second boss battles slightly modified.