|NPD reveals videogame sales for October 2012 in US|
|Posted: 09.11.2012 05:52 by||Comments: 0|
The NPD has revealed the U.S. retail sales of video games for the month of October 2012. NBA 2K13 led the way, while the derided Resident Evil 6 came in second.
Overall, the industry revenue fell 25% year-over-year for the month of October, dropping from $1 billion in sales to $775M. Hardware alone dropped 37% compared to October 2011.
The Xbox 360 sold 270K units in the US, while both Sony and Nintendo declined to disclose their hardware sales.
Other newcomers to the list were Dishonored, which moved 460K units, while XCOM: Enemy Unknown sold 114K units in the month.
The high-selling games at retail in the U.S. for October were:
1. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC)**
2. Resident Evil 6 (360, PS3)**
3. Pokemon Black Version 2 (NDS)
4. Dishonored (360, PS3, PC)
5. Pokemon White Version 2 (NDS)
6. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)
7. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, PSP)
8. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (360, PS3, PC)
9. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)**
10. Skylander Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS)**
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)