|The Second Wave mod for XCOM adds new options to make it tougher|
|Posted: 10.11.2012 14:32 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 2|
Players who have beaten the difficult XCOM: Enemy Unknown or who are at least cruising through the game may wish XCOM was even tougher. A new mod, The Second Wave, has been released that adds options to add another level of toughness.
The mod includes the following toggle-able options:
* Damage Roulette: Weapons have a much wider range of damage.
* New Economy: The funding offered by individual council members is randomized.
* Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
* Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly.
* Red Fog: Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission.
* Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit.
* The Greater Good: The secret of psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien.
* Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
* Results Driven: A country will offer less funding as it's panic level increases.
* High Stakes: The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized.
* Diminishing Returns: The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built.
* The Blitz: The aliens will target a larger number of cities every time they launch an abduction attack.
* More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Gamers interested in the mod can check it out . If that weren't enough, there's apparently a real chance Firaxis will make The Second Wave an official mod - stay tuned.