|ArenaNet reveals more about Guild Wars 2 "mini-expansion" Lost Shores|
|Posted: 12.11.2012 15:57 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
This week will see the release of The Lost Shores content update for Guild Wars 2, and developer ArenaNet is ready to start detailing what it heralds; a "massive one-time event" for Tyria.
Users get, for free, a "mysterious zone" to explore for all character levels, a new dungeon, a new PvP map, new gear including Exotic and Legendary items and crafting updates.
The last major event for Guild Wars 2 was their special Halloween-themed update that provided a "hugely successful multi-stage mystery" for the community. Now all eyes are on November 15th.
"The Lost Shores update is a mini-expansion worth of new content that brings players an unprecedented amount of new areas to explore, challenges to conquer and goals to achieve," read the official ArenaNet press release. "This is all punctuated with a massive one-time event that will change Tyria forever."
• A mysterious zone to explore, accessible to all players regardless of level
• A challenging new dungeon to conquer
• A new PvP map set within a Kodan dojo
• New gear to acquire, ranging from additional weapons skins to item enhancements to an additional tier of items between Exotic and Legendary.
• Crafting updates including a new resource to harvest and 200 new recipes
• A one-time in-game event that will forever leave its mark on the world of Tyria, starting Friday, November 16 and ending Monday, November 19.
ArenaNet is also opening a "refer-a-friend trial period" to encourage existing Guild Wars 2 adventurers to attract newcomers for Lost Shores. Up to three friends can be invited to join the trial period which runs November 15-18. "Additionally, the update also brings guesting to Guild Wars 2, allowing players to explore Tyria with friends on a different server free of charge, without the need for a home world transfer," they continued.
The schedule for the Lost Shores event:
• Thursday, November 15, 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) – Free trial period begins, update build is released
• Friday, November 16, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – One-time Lost Shores event begins
• Sunday, November 18, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – Final event stage begins
• Monday, November 19, 07:00 CET (06:00 GMT) – One-time event and free trial weekend ends