|Borderlands 2 update 'leaks' Sir Hammerlock DLC details|
|Posted: 17.12.2012 14:47 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
Scandal! Intrigue! Moustaches! The next major downloadable content for Borderlands 2 has already been confirmed as starring Sir Hammerlock, one of the first big name NPCs we come across.
After some digging by a fan, the latest update appears to hide a rather telling description of what's to come. We're to travel to the "continent of Aegrus," and give them "the old one-two!"
This Aegrus is a new "swamp/jungle continent" according to the game files. We also get some more character customisation kits, and a new vehicle the fanboat.
This inside scoop of DLC loveliness is courtesy of a .
Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It's time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week's tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give 'em the old one-two!
• One new head and one new skin for each class
• A new vehicle - the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
• Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
• A new raid boss ("Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.")
• More new Seraph items
• New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
• Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
• A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
• A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is "super-pumped we're archenemies now", and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
• A new treasure room brimming with goodies... but with a time limit
And, of course...
• Claptrap. Always Claptrap. ("Those savages briefly distracted me from the crushing loneliness of my existence!")
Another future update known as 'Gardenia' will be adding more character customisations. We'll receive the 'Domination Pack', 'Supremacy Pack', and 'Madness Pack' adding a total of 30 new custom skins for heads and torsos.
Gearbox Software has announced that Borderlands 2 is due four major expansions, but wouldn't rule out other little DLC goodies that may suddenly appear. has managed to snag pictures with weapons needing 'Hammerlock's Hunt'. It's unclear when 'Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt' will be releasing but it sounds hard to resist.