|Second Wave Content available later today for free for XCOM|
|Posted: 08.01.2013 07:10 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 15|
Firaxis has announced that the third downloadable content pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, called Second Wave Content, will be released today for free on Steam, Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network. The Second Wave Content DLC allows fans to replay the campaign after finishing it with new modifiers.
The Second Wave content includes the following options to change gameplay:
• Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
• New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
• Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
• Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
• Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
• Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
• The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
• Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
• Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
• High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
• Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
• More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Second Wave Content DLC is the third DLC pack available to XCOM: Enemy Unknown, following the Elite Soldier Pack and the Slingshot Mission Pack.