|Sony update PlanetSide 2 with 'dynamic XP', tweakable UI this January 30th|
|Posted: 09.01.2013 15:59 by Simon Priest||Comments: 4|
Sony Online Entertainment is changing how experience is awarded for kills in PlanetSide 2 as this month's update will reward more XP if you frag someone enjoying a high kill count.
Conversely, newly spawned players "will be worth a fraction" of the reward. Partially damaging vehicles also earns XP, and customisable colours are now available for the minimap.
Server transfer tokens are also being added to the PlanetSide 2 item shop, with each faction being grant a new SMG weapon. Score per minute is the "primary metric" for player comparison.
The January update is due on the 30th for PlanetSide 2, with Creative Director Matthew Higby spilling the beans on what's in store. There'll be loads of bug fixes included but the :
• General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
• Experience (XP) system enhancements:◦Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
◦ Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
◦ Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
◦ Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
◦ Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks
• Server transfer token available in Depot
• UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison
• Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column
• New weapon type for all empires: SMG
• Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon.
• Dynamic / player configurable colors for minimap & overhead indicators for enemies, friendlies, and squads within a platoon
• New Hot Spot system that displays where active fights are occurring on the map
• New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.
• Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.
• Making MAXes render more reliably at long distances for players in vehicles
• AA improvements, notably flak changes for turrets and skyguards, giving them some better ability to aim, although not drastically impacting their DPS.
• Fixes to missiles so that they more reliably detonate and actually blow stuff up
• Air vehicle weapon tweaks
• Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons