|Crusader Kings II updated, prepares for The Republic DLC|
|Posted: 15.01.2013 16:05 by Simon Priest||Comments: 1|
Paradox Interactive have just updated Crusader Kings II, making sure the likes of Louis d'Evreux "now has the correct mother," and making the womenfolk lie better about the "bastard birth event" .
One unlucky Duke got a tweak to his deathdate and his 'state of manhood' - "made him eunuch" . Let us not forget that "error in polygamy" that needed fixing. Constantine de Hauteville not a girl after all.
Yep, there's plenty of nip/tuck going on over at the Paradox offices. has been so kind to point out how hilarious some of these changes can be 'out of context'.
The next premium content for Crusader Kings II focuses on mercantile republics, and this update lays the groundwork for when it releases. Steam has posted the . Below are the major tweaks with v1.09:
- Merchant Republic gameplay (Duke or higher tier Republics with a coastal capital)
- Added a 'Grant Independence' diplomatic interaction
- Titles can now automatically change name depending on the culture of their top liege
- The Reign length opinion modifiers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held
- Added 1241 Bookmark - "The Mongols"
- Save file transfer now works on Mac
- Reduced max demesne size from ruler tier, especially for Dukes
- Reduced the effect of Stewardship on max demesne size (now 15%, down from 25%.)
- Added a max demesne size bonus (+1) for dukes with more than one duchy
- Increased the Prestige effects of a rank difference in marriages by a factor of 5
- All merc regiments now grow in max size over time
- Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans
- Added Ultimogeniture succession law
- Added Tanistry succession law
Crusader Kings II: The Republic releases February 14th.