|A Valley Without Wind 2 launched on Steam, free for owners of original|
|Posted: 19.02.2013 08:42 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Arcen Games has announced that A Valley Without Wind 2 is now available for purchase on Steam. Not only is the game being sold at a 25% discount, but owners of the original game can pick it up free. Conversely, gamers who buy A Valley Without Wind 2 will get the original free as well.
The game, like the original, is a 2D, faux16-bit platformer in a procedurally generated world, with crafting and experience leveling, but now the game introduces a world map where players can choose where to explore and fight as well as recruit armies. The player will find themself opposed by Demonaica and his armies, both in the world map and during the platforming segments.
The game also introduces for the first time true co-op multiplayer.
* Platforming and Turn-Based Strategy Coupled Together: Flip back and forth between your own adventure, and the progress of the resistance you're in charge of. Freely adjust difficulty levels for both to tailor the experience to your own personal playstyle. Both sides of the game can be quite easy or incredibly hard.
* More Tactile Combat: The physics of movement and attacks have been completely redone from the first title, with more traditional gamepad and keyboard support. Spells have mass and can block each other, leading to many interesting tactical situations in the platforming segments.
* Vastly Improved Visuals: Fully redone artwork by Heavy Cat Studios, including 125 all-new monsters, 200 spells, and lots more.
* Focused Gameplay Arc: Unlike the endless sandbox-style first game, this complete re-imagining has a distinct beginning, middle, and end.
* Procedurally Generated Worlds: Each world is a unique challenge, leading to excellent replay value once you do beat the game!
* Co-Op Multiplayer: Bring along as many friends as you like on your journey, depending on your connection speed. 2-8 players recommended on most Internet connections; many more on LAN.
* See Just How Deep An Arcen-style Rabbit-Hole Goes: After dozens of hours you still haven't seen it all: 50 mage classes in 5 tiers, 200 spells, 125 enemies, 14 biomes, 100+ types of world map tiles, 64 character customization perks, 100ks of procedural equipment possibilities.
* Extra Challenges For Expert Players: String together flawless kills to earn "concentration" and become even stronger. Beat the game on harder difficulties to earn rare achievements.
Check out the launch trailer released by Arcen in the video below.