|Trion Worlds reveals 2.2 update content for Rift|
|Posted: 28.02.2013 18:54 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Trion Worlds has revealed the details of their upcoming 2.2 update for the free-to-play MMO Rift, which celebrates the defeat and exile of the dragon Crucia and her forces.
To celebrate the victory, "the annual Carnival of the Ascended has come to Port Tempest, bringing with it dragon piñatas and festive parades to celebrate all throughout the world of Telara."
The key features of the 2.2 update includes:
• Carnival of the Ascended: This year’s Carnival is more fun than ever! Collect glass beads, revel in pie-stomping and throwing contests, and challenge yourself in two new games of skill as you gather colorful masks and awesome mounts.
• Try your luck in PvP at the Wheel of Fate: Danger and excitement awaits you in this alternative Warfront mode as the Wheel of Fate assigns combatants against each other in the field of war. Use your cannons to assault the Codex and attempt to seize capture points from your foes.
• Special Anniversary Cape: Celebrate two years of RIFT with a special Anniversary Cape! Buy this golden cape in the carnival prize store and demonstrate your RIFT pride to all.
• Tier 3 Planar Attunement: For players already at Tier 2, we’ve added a new third tier to all six of our normal planes. Unlock the power of the planes to store up to 16 planar charges, summon raid groups to your location, unlock epic sigils to power your weapons, improve your stats and resistances, and more!
• Attunement of War – Tier 2: We’ve added Tier 2 Planar Attunement to PvP! Continue to customize your character by increasing Vengeance, Crit Power, and more while improving your survivability with more planar charges, Valor, and Endurance.
• Return to Telara this March: Play RIFT for free from March 21 to March 25. Revisit your veteran high-level Ascended characters and experience all the awesome additions to RIFT since the launch of STORM LEGION
Finally, the 2.2 update will great some Anniversary subscriber bonuses from the 21st March through to the 4th April. All subscribers will be granted 20% increases in Guild XP, Normal Kill XP or Planar Attunement (depending on the player's game status), Prestige, Favor, Planarite, Dungeon Currency (chance to drop more), and Zone event currency.
Check out the trailer for the 2.2 update in the video below.