|Dead Space 3 #1 US seller in February, Black Ops 2 beats Crysis 3|
|Posted: 15.03.2013 04:08 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 7|
Dead Space 3 was the king of best-selling games in the US for the month of February 2013, according to the NPD. Crysis 3 came in third but was viewed as underperforming as it couldn't beat Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 in sales; the latter had been released back in November 2012.
None of the games in the top 10 sellers were original IPs, and only one was a single platform game (if you discount the Vita).
The top ten games of February 2013 in the US were:
1. Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U PC)
3. Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC)
4. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
5. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)
6. Aliens: Colonial Marines 2013 (360, PS3, PC)
7. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U)
8. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)
10. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
Software sales were down both in comparison with February 2012 (down 27% from $484M to $352M) and since January 2012 (down from $373M).
Source: Venture Beat