|Starpires attracts 100K users in first 24 hours of launch|
|Posted: 12.04.2013 07:47 by||Comments: 1|
Bad Pug Games has announced that the developer's free-to-play turn-based strategy MMO, Starpires, attracted 100,000 new users in the first 24 hours after release. The first server, Alpha Sector, has become populated by over 2,500 empires.
According to the press release, the PvP-heavy strategy MMO will enjoy "the launch additional game universes in the future and innovate different game mechanics and overall goals for many of them."
The official bullet-point list of features includes:
* Colonizing many distinct planet types while carefully managing resources to build a thriving economy.
* Build a powerful military force while balancing offensive and defensive capabilities
* Wage war against both pirates and other empires through a variety of attack types and special operations.
* Create alliances and manage diplomatic relationships.
* Research new technologies and acquire powerful “boosts” which can be used decimate your enemies.
* Move up the player rankings to become the most powerful empire in the galaxy.
* Free-to-play with tens of thousands of active players.
Gamers can play the game either from the or from .