|BioShock Infinite, Xbox 360 lead March 2013 US sales according to NPD|
|Posted: 19.04.2013 05:09 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
BioShock Infinite and the Xbox 360 ruled the roost in March 2013 in the United States, according to the NPD.
261K Xbox 360 units were sold in the US, representing the 27th straight month that the console has been #1 in the region. Sony and Nintendo declined to release sales figures, however.
In the period from the 3rd March 3 to the 6th April, total console sales were $221M, a whopping 32% lower that the figure in March 2013. However, it's telling that console game sales were almost identical to last year's, only 1% off the pace with $554.8M in sales. Accessories were virtually unchanged over the past year at $216M.
This seems to indicate that this generation is fully saturated in terms of consoles, but console owners are still buying software and accessories.
The top 10 games for March 2013 in the US include:
1. BioShock Infinite (X360, PS3, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
2. Tomb Raider (X360, PS3) - Square Enix
3. Gears of War: Judgment (X360) - Microsoft
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3) Sony
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, PC, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Nintendo
7. MLB13: The Show (PS3, PS Vita) - Sony
8. NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (X360, PS3) - Namco Bandai Games