|Age of Empires II HD Edition gets patched|
|Posted: 19.04.2013 05:51 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 2|
Age of Empires II HD Edition had been having issues with glitches on high-end machines, especially regarding the frame rate; a patch is being worked on that aims at fixing them.
Gamers who would like to try the beta version of the patch need to go to the "Properties" menu option of the game in Steam, then choose "Betas." There should be an option for "performance" on the drop-down menu.
The fixes that the patch will add include:
* Frame rate & performance improvements that increase frame rates up to 50% on low end machines and up to 500% on the high end systems previously experiencing frame rate issues.
* Windows DPI scaling no longer zooms the in-game perspective
* Default scroll speed increased
Multiplayer fixes including:
* Quitting a multiplayer game triggers a resignation instead appearing as a ‘drop’
* Private lobbies stay private
* Quick match no longer crashes
* Long Steam usernames no longer cause crash
* Hotkeys for multiplayer are correctly saved
* Lobby now enforces that you only play multiplayer with the same build version
* Visual indications of players in your lobby and in game who have low frame rate
* Better networking verification prior to entering game (prevents getting stuck on the voting screen)
* Performance warning if you have high ping to one other player who isn’t host or if your data is being relayed
* Multiplayer quick match speed defaults to normal
* Quick match has additional map size filter
* Multiplayer Lobby doesn’t lock to a region for displaying games
* Single player unlocks achievements properly
Age of Empires II HD Edition was released on Steam on the 9th April 2013.