|Vostok games gets ready to pick applicants for closed alpha test of Survarium|
|Posted: 15.05.2013 07:19 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 0|
Vostok Games has announced that the developer is getting ready to pick applicants for the closed alpha test of its first person shooter open world MMO, Survarium, a spiritual successor to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
According to the studio, "the first wave will contain about one thousand invites (including the contest winners). Our goal at the early Alpha test stage is to achieve no less than 200 players on servers throughout the day and night. We understand that not all the invites sent will reach the players, so we will continue sending out the invites until we’ve reached the desired number of players."
Vostok also revealed what the alpha build would feature:
* The team-based PVP mode. Soon we will shoot a tutorial video to describe the key features of this mode.
* The current game version has only two factions in: Scavengers and Black Market.
* Radar in-game location. (Vostok Radar Station)
* 11 various weapons.
* Three sets of equipment per Scavengers and Black Market.
* Zone-based damage system.
* The draft version of user interface is included. We plan to modify and improve it in future.
The studio stated that there would not be co-operative playthrough and freeplay game modes, perks, damage from anomalies, or artifact searching. In addition, experience will be increased so players can advance quicker, and generally money will be easier to get so players can never run out of ammo or money. Finally there won't be any faction experience either.
A sampling of alpha gameplay has also been released. Note the narration is in Russian, with no subtitles.