|Heavy Gear Assault starts Kickstarter funding|
|Posted: 21.05.2013 07:30 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 7|
Developer Stompy Bot Productions has announced that its massively multiplayer mech game Heavy Gear Assault is now being crowdfunded on Kickstarter, with a goal of $800K in 39 days. The game will be powered by the Unreal Engine 4 engine by Epic Games. The game is expected to have a December 2014 release window.
The developer promises the following features in the upcoming game:
* E-SPORTS -- Compete in tournaments and organized matches for fame and fortune. Spectate and sponsor other players. Vote on performances. Put bounties on poor sports and pay their enemies to take them out.
* DYNAMIC COMBAT -- Rip apart the arena with fully destructible terrain. Blow an opponents limb off and use their weapon against them. Pull the trigger at range or melee up close. Play as your pilot and move freely in and out of Gears.
* CUSTOMIZATION -- Stealth or armor? Guns or melee? The choice is yours. Customize your weapons or powerplant, sensors or CPU. Fine-tune your performance, and hire a support staff to keep your Gear in the fight.
* SOCIAL INTERACTION -- Create a profile and cultivate your fan base. Stream your matches and highlights to your favorite social media site. Rate players and spectators on their sportsmanship, teamwork, cooperation and style.
* FREE-TO-CHOOSE -- Choose your level of involvement to pay and play how you want. Play entirely for free or pay for premium membership that doesn't break the balance of the game. The free-to-play model has evolved.
* UNREAL ENGINE 4 -- Battle for dominance in photo-realistically beautiful arenas. Enjoy performance that scales to high- and low-spec PCs. Watch fully destructible environments and Gears rip apart, changing the shape of the fight.
Stompy Bot also released an early gameplay teaser showing some of the incredible physics in the game using the Unreal 4 Engine, as a bridge is shattered into thousands of pieces procedurally. Check it out in the video below.