|Paradox running "one-shot event" contest for Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods|
|Posted: 21.05.2013 13:33 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
Think you've got what it takes to mess with pagan history? Paradox Interactive is running a community contest where winners will have their "one-shot event" featured officially in The Old Gods expansion.
Providing it fits the period, the event can be humorous as well as serious, with it restricted to pagans. It can have multiple options but can't be a multi-event affair rampaging through time.
Triggers for the event can be a simple 'hold this territory and this religion', or something more complex - providing it all makes sense. Paradox would prefer character events.
Three lucky winners will receive the Crusader Kings II Bundle, which includes all the previously released DLC to keep or gift to chums. They also get the March of the Eagles and, of course, get their event in The Old Gods.
1. It has to be a simple, one-shot event. No follow-ups, no event series.
2. It can be historical, humorous, serious, or any combination of those - as long as it fits the period.
3. We prefer character events, but you can also create a narrative event if you want to include more text.
4. The event will be restricted to pagans (and Zoroastrians). It's up to you whether it should be generic enough to be available to all of them, or if it should be limited to Norse Pagans, Zoroastrians, Tengri or another specific group.
5. Unless you have an event picture in mind, we'll pick an appropriate artwork for the event.
6. The event needs both a trigger and an effect. The trigger can be as simple as being an adult and having a certain religion, or something more restrictive. The effect shouldn't be too severe or impact the game too much, as this will be more of a flavor event.
7. The event can have multiple options with different effects, or just one. (Having additional options that only show up if the character has a certain trait can be a nice touch, but it isn't required.)
8. Take care not to write too much, as the text needs to fit inside the event window. If it's too long, we'll shorten it as needed if your event is picked as one of the winners.
For full details on the contest visit the . Developers pick their favourite event entries May 31st.